Alumni: Alice Giorgina McConnell
Location: Notting Hill, London
Occupation: TV Coordinator & Journalist
What are you doing at the moment?
I am working at the BBC and as a freelance script and magazine writer.
What’s in your sketchbook?
A plethora of ideas for scripts; a list of new music tracks I love; snippets torn from newspapers and magazines and sketches of TV storyboards.
What have you done for Sketchbook?
- I focused on writing art exhibition previews and reviews. It was a particularly exciting time for the art scene in London’s East End. Sketchbook really championed upcoming young creative talent, and it was fascinating to interview new London artists for our online blog.
- I also turned my hand to photography at private views and fashion events in London. A highlight was Alice Temperley’s Alice in Wonderland-themed London Fashion Week after party – chatting to Courtney Love and Slash was brilliant and surreal!
Posts by Alice
- Street Artist Nathan Bowen: Debut Solo Show, 22 Aug 2012 in Art&spotlight
- Intern Sushi – Video Resumés on the Menu for Today’s Young Hopefuls, 15 Aug 2012 in Design
- Henrike Dreier Illustrates New Edition Release of “Birdy”, 01 Aug 2012 in Illustration